Dec 28, 2014

Random quotes

"I believe in Islam like I believe in the sun rising, not just because I can see it, but because, by it, I see everything".

​"Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others' faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear."
― Rumi


I tell you to keep going, not because it's easy. Not because it doesn't hurt. I tell you to keep going because there's no other way. To stop is to die. Life is in motion. In growth. In change. Life is in seeking and in finding. Life is in redemption. Each moment is a new birth. A new chance to come back, to get it right. A new chance to make it better.
- Yasmin Mogahed

between you and God, every person, every experience, every gift, every loss, every pain is sent to our path for one reason and one reason only: to bring you back to him. - Yasmin Mogahed [official twitter, 17/06/2014]


Words can mend, or break. Strengthen, or shake. Use these powerful tools, and gifts of God wisely. -- Yasmin Mogahed [official twitter, 15/06/2014]


We spend so much time asking God to cure us of our hardships. But we never stop to consider that our hardships are curing us. -- Yasmin Mogahed [official twitter, 13/06/2014]

Once upon a time, When Window was just a square hole in a room & Application was something written on a paper. When Keyboard was a Piano and Mouse just an animal. When File was an important office material and Hard Drive just an uncomfortable road trip. When Cut was done with knife and Paste with glue. When Web was a spider's home and virus was flu. When Apple and Blackberry were just fruits ....That's when we had a lot of time for Family and Friends!

- Sheikh Zahir Mahmood  [fb, 23 aug 14]

​********

A Crow Lived in the Forest and was absolutely satisfied in life.
But one day he saw a swan...

IS THE GRASS GREENER ON THE OTHERSIDE

This swan is so beautiful ...the crow thought. This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. "Actually," the swan replied, "I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors.
I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation."

The crow then approached the parrot.
The parrot explained,
"I lived a very happy life—until I saw a peacock.
I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors."

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.

After the people had left, The crow approached the Peacock..

Dear Peacock, You are so beautiful.
Every day thousands of people come to see you.
When people see me, they immediately shoo me away.
I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.

The peacock replied, I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo.

I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the

crow is the only bird not kept in a cage.

So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow,
I could happily roam everywhere.

That's our problem too.

We make unnecessary comparison with others and become sad.

We don't value what has God given us.
This all leads to the vicious cycle of unhappiness.

Value the things god has given us.

Learn the secret of being happy and discard the comparison which leads only to unhappiness..

-- shaykh zahir mahmood

24/12/2014

[collection from IOU fb page]

Sometimes Allah takes things away from us to remind us that this dunya is temporary and everything in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him.

Make your best friends your good deeds, for your good deeds will never leave you

When you are going through tough times remember that someone out there is going through worse.

Never lose hope and trust in the power of du'a. Allah will grant you everything you want as long as it is good for you.

The Qur'an has a solution for every problem. You just need to accept the guidance.

Arrogance and pride were the reasons Shaytaan was expelled from paradise. Do not let it be the reason you don't enter paradise

Instead of being the person that puts someone down, be the person that builds someone up. Spread positivity.

Islam is not about 'we are better than you'... Islam is about 'let me show you something that is better for you'.

The Qur'an does not open up its secrets to you unless you open up your heart to it. The Qur'an does not spill its pearls to the undeserving.

Having Allah on your side does not mean sailing in an ocean with no waves. It means sailing in a ship which no storm can sink.

Manners are contagious - Be careful of who you hang out with!

Love of this world will make you forget about the Hereafter.

Cleanse your soul with tears that fall for the sake of Allah.

​One of the best ways to be able to forgive someone is to make sincere du'aa for them.

You are not responsible for what people think about you, but you are responsible for what you give them to think about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment