Apr 23, 2016

RE-Claim your Right on God !

I remember when I first read this write-up I several times tried to hold my tears falling but I failed. Something that reminded me my very right on my God, that I had always, I lost it and I was lost for it. I collected it from the blog of sister Shohana Akter. May Allah reward her for the reminder. For HE is the only One who can give the best of the rewards, absolutely....



One of my sisters is going through really bad time. She is in a dilemma about a decision. She is not being able to firm her heart about a certain matter. So I told her why don't you pray salatul Istikhara (prayer of seeking divine guidance) even after knowing this fact she doesn't pray five times neither she does hijaab. I got the reaction according to my expectation , she reacted the way I assumed. She laughed out loud and said "I don't pray obligatory prayer and here you are suggesting me to pray Ishtikhara salaah which is voluntary ?" So I said "you never called your mom doesn't mean you WILL never call her. You didn't do doesn't mean you will never do!"

This is not her fault that she feels in this way rather its my fault and fault of those people who are like me.

We show our slave-hood to Allah through two kinds of actions. One of these are personal act of obedience .i.e praying five times ,fasting in Ramadan etc.. etc. Another way of showing our obedience to Allah is through our relationship and interaction with His creations.

One day I was praying in my University, in our department office. It was Maghrib time , I had two of my class mates sitting near me. After finishing my prayer I asked whether they would want to pray as I had a prayer mat with me. So one of them replied that she is not as good as me , as in she is not going to pray. So I had to clarify that praying five times doesn't ensure my goodness.

For some reason we take our "goodness" guaranteed when we pray five times and do all those formal ritualistic acts of obedience. Praying five times doesn't give me a copyright over God. I belong to Him as much as those sisters of mine who don't pray five times or doesn't do Hijab (I despise to identify these sisters of mine with this particular name like "non-hijabi" sisters). My five times prayer doesn't give me a supreme position with Allah because I don't know how my prayers are taken , whether with honor or with disgust , I certainly don't know. If I think of myself having a supreme position with Allah , that is so only in my little dream. Don't you remember what Allah says in Surah Al-Maun?

Have you considered him who calls the judgment a lie?
That is the one who treats the orphan with harshness
And does not urge (others) to feed the poor.
So woe to the praying ones....

M the praying one who doesn't take care of the poor and orphan ....I know my class mate in Literature class who doesn't pray five times but she goes to the orphanage and old-age home every week ......Now you tell me ?

Sister , no one is perfect ...m doing something from my obligatory duties ...and you are doing something else from the obligatory duties. Let me tell you the biggest obligatory duty "Striving to become a better human being". Not praying five times should not stop you from being a good human being , it should not stop you from claiming your rights on the Magnificent GOD !

God has promised to listen to my call as much as He has promised to listen to the call of those who doesn't pray five times. God almighty calls Himself "Lord of the Mankind" (surah an-Naas) , He never addresses Himself as the "Lord of the people of prayer only !" , He says in surah al Fatiha "praise to the lord of the entire creation ! "

sister , you are my sister whether you pray five times or not, whether you do hijab or not. The bond, whose witness is Allah Himself , certainly I can not nullify that bond.

Allah is your , as much as He is mine...He will listen to you , the way He listens to me. You never called Him (consciously) doesn't mean you will not call Him ever.

look at this saying of the prophet which confirms my truthfulness , which confirms I am not saying all these just to make you happy !

Allah the Most High says, ‘I am with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in superior gathering. If he approaches Me by a hand's width, I approach him by an arm's length, I approach him by two arms length. And if he comes to me walking, I hasten to him swiftly.’ [Bukhari]

Just call Him , He will certainly run to you.

May be you are not ready to pray five times but whats wrong in remembering Him ?Remember what our prophet Muhammad said ?

"Allah the Most High says, ‘I am with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in superior gathering................."

so every time I say "Allah" , He says "Shohana"

every time I think "Allah need you", Allah thinks "I am with you"

When you think "I don't pray five times , I don't do Hijab then whats the use of praying to Allah ?"

Allah says "O man! What has made you careless concerning your Lord, the Most Generous?"

or "O man ! What has made you stay away from your Lord , THEE MOST GENEROUS ???"

Sister don't let people like us take away your divine right on Allah. Re-claim your right on Allah.

2 comments: